Atomic delivery versus delivery (DvD) of securities
- Capital for collateral requirements and payments was being cleared and settled on legacy systems, which led to increased cost, friction and trapped liquidity that could be deployed elsewhere.
- HQLAX enables atomic DvD for baskets of securities residing at multiple custodian – reducing consumption of intraday credit and intraday liquidity
- Enables interoperability across custodians, transfers of ownership/ pledge at precise times during the day, reduction in intraday credit exposures and intraday liquidity requirements
- Why Corda? Chosen for its transparency, risk compression and privacy, as well as it being an established enterprise platform
- Instant settlement enables delivery versus delivery (DvD)
- DvD reduces consumption of intraday credit and intraday liquidity, providing capital savings
- Brings transparency across participants to reduce risk exposure
Sign Up and Stay Up on R3
Sign up for our flagship newsletter, the R3 Ledger, to receive the latest news, updates and content.
"*" indicates required fields