At R3 you would be at the cutting edge of decentralized Digital Ledger Technology (DLT) technology. Corda is a distributed DLT platform designed for running complex workflows between businesses, with or without any centralized points of control. You will work on a digital ledger platform trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payment companies, and other highly demanding industries, while dealing with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
Work as part of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well tested code
· Design elements of a larger software application, then present these designs to others
· Evaluate trade-offs between different implementations and technology choices
· Mentor junior developers to become industry-leading engineers
· Assist in estimating and planning complex engineering tasks
· Code review peers both within your team and in the wider organisation
· Liaise with the Release Manager to package and deliver software, while ensuring it meets complex security requirements such as deterministic builds
- You’re a highly motivated, autonomous software engineer with extensive experience working in software development/design/architecture and you’re excited to learn more and develop in this space. You have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, particularly in what it takes to build a secure, high quality, business
- critical system that supports extreme high volume transactions. You are curious and quick to learn about new technologies, and keen to build on your skills by learning on the job. You have an interest in distributed systems generally and DLT more specifically. A detailed knowledge of payments within the banking system along with digital currencies and tokenization would be advantageous.
- Our software development is based on JVM languages, more specifically Java and Kotlin, but while advantageous, expertise in these languages is not an essential requirement. The important thing is that you have the software development expertise in some modern high level language and willing to learn what is required for the role.
- We believe that customer experience, quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you’ll be driven by a passion to ensure excellence in all of these.
- Kotlin or other JVM based language experience would be a significant advantage
- · Hands on experience with digital currencies or digital tokenization of assets
- · Banking domain knowledge particularly in clearing / settlement will be significant advantage.
- · Experience working in the FinTech space (e.g. banking, PSP’s, SWIFT, DeFi, crypto etc.) will be significant advantage.
- · Additional skills such as Devops, QA methodologies, Jira, Agile, distributed systems programming, design principles, system architecture, network communications (certificates, network protocols, ssl etc.)
- · Process driven with flexibility to allow processes to evolve while keeping them lean and efficient