At R3 you will be at the cutting edge of distributed ledger technology (DLT). Corda is a DLT designed for running complex workflows between businesses, without any centralised points of control. You will work on a system trusted by the most demanding industries in the world, including regulated financial markets infrastructure, banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payments companies, and others. Corda is designed to be robust, scalable, and high-performance.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Tooling team to help build and maintain our internal test framework and ensure that automated tests run smoothly in our pipelines. You will be part of a team with a critical mission: enable Developers, QA, SDETs and other teams to quickly automate tests, performance workloads, and other workflows that run locally and in CI/CD.
The successful candidate will have hands on software engineering experience, understand the challenges of testing a platform in the Cloud, demonstrate critical investigative abilities, and be able to work well at all levels of the development stack. They will have a successful track record of delivering complex software projects and be able to point to experience of establishing sound software development processes. They will be experienced in multiple languages and multiple development methodologies, be comfortable with ambiguity and may have worked both in banking and startup environments. Capital Markets and/or Trading technology experience is not mandatory but a plus.
As part of the Tooling Team, you will:
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the existing test tools working as part of an agile software engineering team.
- Analyse, design and propose solutions that work locally and in CI/CD.
- Write well-documented high-quality code in a fast pace environment.
- Develop and maintain tooling for functional and non-functional testing to help determine operational limits of the system.
- Communicate and engage with other teams to understand requirements, spread the word of the test tools, and motivate teams to use them.
- 3+ years of enterprise software engineering.
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles.
- Proven track record of delivering test automation for highly complex software systems.
- Experience writing testable code and delivered solutions with high testing coverage.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable and able to work under pressure.