R3 is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Technical Writing team and create instructional and reference documentation on complex technical subjects for a variety of target audiences. The successful candidate will work with the Team Lead on DocOps responsibilities in a docs-as-code setting. So what do we mean by ‘DocOps’? ‘Write the Docs’ rightly defines the term DocOps as:
“a set of practices that works to automate and integrate the process of developing documentation across engineering, product, support, and of course, technical writing teams.”
We are a friendly team of technical writers with varying levels of experience and specialism. We all have different backgrounds and skills, but we share a love for writing and the conviction that world-class documentation is the only way to ensure world-class technology.
What we do:
Broadly speaking, we help R3 customers and the Corda developer community understand how to use our suite of trust technology products. We are documentation evangelists who are passionate about technical writing. Like engineers, we enjoy solving problems and we can be very creative when doing so. We do have an opinion on the use of the Oxford comma. We are hardworking information hunters, meticulous knowledge keepers, and dedicated storytellers. Plus a few other things.
What you will be doing:
- Prioritising support for and maintaining our docs-as-code tool.
- Improving and maintaining SSG themes, build scripts, and extensions, including helping to drive better user interaction and data analytics.
- Facilitating a robust document versioning strategy.
- Improving our implementation of Algolia search.
- Working with the Team Lead on Hugo-Antora migration.
- Transforming developer knowledge and code comments into human-readable, illuminating content.
- Solving writing problems with a creative mindset.
- Using and contributing to an established style and tone of voice guide.
- Owning your assigned tech writing projects and leading the journey from design meeting to publication.
- Building relationships across the business to continuously improve the docs and always looking for ways to improve our published content.
About you (you do not need to be all of these things):
- You have solid experience in Antora and have experience of associated doc tool migration to Antora. (Mandatory)
- You have solid experience in technical writing, ideally in a software development environment.
- You are familiar with GitHub or other Git flavours.
- You are familiar with Markdown and AsciiDoc for writing docs.
- You have some interest in UX and/or web development.
- You are technically minded.
- You are familiar with static website generators.
- You are a well-organised individual and you can delegate and share work effectively among peers.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.