You will join the R3 Digital Currencies team to build a new Digital Currency product on Corda that will be at the heart of the next generation of financial systems.
This is an exciting time in the digital currencies space, as regulated institutions within both the public and private sector are starting to move from research and trial, to building live digital currencies.
As a key member of R3’s Digital Currencies product team, you will work on our new version 1 product. You can expect to work with Central Bank customers who are among the first major economies in the world to launch Central Bank Digital Currencies (CDBC) live in production as well as FMI’s, Commercial banks and Corporates who are looking to launch their own private digital currency. You will also drive the team to build and expand the product’s capabilities beyond version 1 to enable the many forms of digital currencies demanded by the market. This will include but is not limited to, CBDC, private digital currencies, and tokenized liabilities.
We have a passionate and committed product team, working as part of a group of global digital currency experts at R3 to create an open, trusted, and enduring digital economy. And we’re looking for help. We want to find our next superstar that loves building innovative financial products, loves creating elegance from chaos and loves to pave the way into uncharted territory.
About the role
Working in a small team of product managers, you will be responsible for key aspects of R3’s Digital Currency product. You’ll work side by side with your engineering team to define roadmap, prioritise backlog and define the epics and stories that will turn into our product for version 1 and beyond.
No team is an island and collaboration is key. You will work with multiple product teams, engineering, strategy and many others to bring the product to life and fulfil the customer needs and achieve successful product-market fit that engage in DeFi and TradFi ecosystems. Through this you will have the opportunity to contribute to large global client projects as well as showcase your work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage with a range of customers from central banks, commercial banks, large corporates and more.
- Use your deep operational knowledge to identify and target specific customer pain points and product opportunities to deliver a product-market fit.
- End-to-end product lifecycle owner. Identify opportunities and can bring a variety of different stakeholders to the table from strategy, product marketing, technical writing, strategy etc into the journey
- Identify, define and present priority use cases showcasing business opportunities and competitive advantage.
- Work in partnership with your engineering team to help translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications, define detailed product features and user stories, set priorities, resolve any blockers and coordinate releases
- Own the end-to-end success of your product work stream and know how it contributes to overall roadmap and vision
- Continuously manage your product delivery to mitigate and resolve risk and dependencies
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on, technical operational experience in transaction banking software and technical / back-end services
- Working experience as a product manager working directly with software engineers (not just with an external vendor)
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of Central Bank and Commercial Bank cash management, treasury and other back-office operations, with understanding of the critical decisions needed to manage the money supply (M0/M1 etc..), liquidity etc.
- Dedication to the subject matter and passionate to evolve financial markets ecosystem
- Keen eye on the art of possible, allowing experimentations, diving into actual solutions while keeping an eye on return of investment and value that features will bring to the table
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical topics simply to a wide range of audiences
- Confidence to take ownership and make clear, consistent decisions in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Strong problem-solving skills to deal with the unknown paths and has the ability to find creative solutions
- Experience in analysis and being able to break down technical and business processes
- Experience in delivering software within an agile environment
- Team orientated. Our projects are large and complex and it will take a great deal of co-ordination and teamwork to succeed at each step. Each player in the digital currency team is vital and our team culture aligns with our company culture
- High aptitude for product delivery – our timelines are tight. Ability to pivot, take risks and make critical decisions
Nice to have:
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent practical technical experience.
- Experience of blockchain / distributed ledger technology / multi-party systems.
- Experience with JIRA