At R3 you will be at the cutting edge of distributed ledger technology (DLT).
Corda is a DLT designed for running complex workflows between businesses, without any centralised points of control. You will work on a system trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payments companies, and others – highly demanding industries with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
You will join the newly formed Corda 5 Developer Experience team who’s remit is to make sure that when Developers and other technical consumers use Corda 5…. they love it. Corda 5 is powerhouse of a piece of software which will offer next generation Distributed ledger capabilities to our customers, but any software is only as good as how it feels to use. The DevEx team’s job is to make it feel awesome.
As part of the Developer Experience team, you will:
- Take the holistic view across all the touch points between our software and the Corda community to ensure each interaction is slick and satisfying.
- Build tools and frameworks which enhance developer experience.
- Create and maintain guidance and reference code in Kotlin and Java representing good practice CorDapp (Corda application) Development.
- Build a strong understanding of the Corda Platform and good practice for writing CorDapps.
- Influence the future direction of Corda, championing the needs of the developers who use it.
No team is an island – you will work with many others across the company, to help ensure we build the best possible products. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work and help influence your colleagues’ thinking.
- You are a highly motivated software engineer at the start of your career. You are building a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, either through formal study or via some other route. You are curious and quick to learn about new technologies, and keen to build on your skills by learning on the job. You may have a strong interest in building distributed system.
- You have an interest in creating software which prioritises the developer experience and have a strong ability to empathise with the users of our product. You also have the ability to convey technical concepts in a clear and engaging way.
- In your studies or other experience you will have work on some interesting software projects, possibly with others.
- We believe the best Engineers can adapt to and learn any language, so whilst we are at heart a Kotlin shop, we welcome anyone with a software engineering education or background who wants to learn. If you have familiarity with the Java ecosystem that is a bonus.
- We believe that quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you will be driven by a passion to ensure excellence in all of these.
- Depth of Expertise: New graduate or other non-professional experience to 1 year professional experience.
- Proactively initiate ideas to help improve developer experience.
- Contribute to the technical direction and strategic vision of the Developer experience team.
- Use business analysis skills to interact with product management team(s) to marry technical delivery and client requirements.
- Design, code, and test tools and reference code to improve developer experience.
- Ongoing maintenance of published tools and reference code.