At R3, you would be at the cutting edge of decentralized Digital Ledger Technology (DLT) technology.
Corda is a distributed DLT platform designed for running complex workflows between businesses, with or without any centralized points of control. You will work on a digital ledger platform trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payment companies, and other highly demanding industries while dealing with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
We are looking for a highly technical developer evangelist to join our team of passionate, dedicated professionals. As a developer evangelist at R3, you will play a crucial role in fostering relationships with the developer community, creating exceptional technical content, and promoting the adoption of our developer-oriented solutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer with a proven track record and a minimum of 3 years of career experience in software development. As an experienced professional, you have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have gained valuable knowledge and expertise in software development / design / architecture practices through both academic studies and work experience. You possess a deep curiosity to learn about new technologies and have a specific interest in the realm of DLT. You are curious to know what it takes to build a secure, high-quality, business-critical system that supports extremely high volume transactions.
Our software development is based on JVM languages, more specifically Java and Kotlin, but while advantageous, expertise in these languages is not an essential requirement. What matters most is that you have a solid foundation in software development using a modern high-level language and a willingness to learn the necessary skills for the role. We believe that customer experience, quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you’ll be driven by a passion for ensuring excellence in all of these.
- Engagement – Direct developer community engagement through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training, and other channels of education.
- Community Support – Facilitate a great experience with Corda for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Community development – Through user group support and a Corda Champions program, foster a healthy community globally.
- Content – Create content to engage the developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation.
- Samples and demos – Help showcase Corda’s capabilities by developing samples and demos that the community at large can leverage.
- Executing projects that better facilitate community engagement and activeness.
- Active community monitoring and analyzing, and potentially reporting community healthiness.
- Create educational articles, videos, demo apps, presentations, and other learning materials.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to influence the product roadmap as the “voice of the community.”
- Become an expert resource for our developer community by staying up-to-date on our platform’s capabilities and the surrounding technical landscape.
- Create engaging content to educate our users on Corda (documentation, blog posts, tutorials, demos, coding challenges, support articles, YouTube videos, feedback surveys, and more).
- Build meaningful relationships with the developer community by engaging with their questions, pain points, and ideas through R3 dedicated slack channel and other support channels, social channels, and developer sites like Hacker News and Reddit.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand our community presence and developer trust (industry events, conferences, co-marketing partnerships, etc.).
- Educate our enterprise developers by delivering technical training on Corda and creating technical training content for the Professional service team.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer-facing skills and ability to confidently articulate technical points to a broader audience.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year if the opportunity arises.