Key responsibilities (what will I do most often?)
- Contribute towards your team’s technical delivery by developing software, writing & reviewing designs, code reviewing, and ensuring our software is acceptable for hands-on use.
- Fix issues as are raised through QA or Support tickets.
- Embody the culture of your team both internally and externally. Value your peer’s contributions, strive to hit commitments, and champion true craftsmanship.
- Collaborate with your teammates to ensure the team is delivering a cohesive product.
- Embrace a culture of ownership in which you feel empowered to make design choices, learn from successes and failures, and always seek to build better and more capable new versions of software.
Other responsibilities (what will I do sometimes?)
- Represent your team during cross-team alignments, retrospectives, and technical discussion forums.
- Present and discuss the work of your team with R3 stakeholders.
- Write blogs and internal tech-talks.
Essential skills (what do I need to do the job?)
- You have a strong technical programming background.
- You appreciate that Software Engineering is a discipline and Programming a craft, embracing both and seeking to better each.
- You have experience working with some flavor of Ethereum or Enterprise Ethereum
- You have developed and deployed software that runs on the EVM
- You have worked with and developed enterprise-level software. We develop in Java and Kotlin, plus utilize cloud technologies, such as AWS, to deliver Corda – although these are not mandatory to have, you may be interested in working with these technologies.
- You are familiar with standard building and delivery automation tools – previous experience with Gradle is desired
- You have worked in domains where high availability and performance matter.
- You care about quality, and engineering agility, and have the desire to provide the best possible products and capabilities for our customers.